- Short Leash
- Related products
- Product navigation
- Short Leash -Playtime 2.0
- Second Life Marketplace - .:Short Leash:. by shortleash
We use a leash to walk our pet dogs.
The leash keeps the dog from running away or getting into trouble. Keeping a person on a short leash means keeping him or her under close control. The person cannot make many decisions for himself or herself. Word expert James Rogers found a similiar saying used more than four hundred years ago.
- keep (someone) on a short leash;
- La guerra de las mujeres (Libros del Tiempo) (Spanish Edition).
- Professional Quality Nursing - CPHQ Certification Review (Certification in Professional Quality Nursing Book 1).
In fifteen sixty, writer Thomas Becon said in a religious book: "For God hath them in leash. Yea, they are his slaves. Miz Cleveland does not keep her workers on a short leash.
Instead, she urges them to create better ways to do business. For example, her secretary proposed an idea. She said the company should give a prize to the best student in the high school near its factory. The winner could use the prize money to study at a university.
- The History of Gold: From Ancient Times to Charlemagne.
- Scratches and Scribbles.
- On a Short Leash: He Had Firm Control Over His Workers.
- Social Judgment and Intergroup Relations: Essays in Honor of Muzafer Sherif?
- Why using a short leash is better than long leash for 95% of riders? | IKO!
- Short Leash Hot Dogs to close in downtown Phoenix, reopen in Melrose District!
- Write a Review?
Miz Cleveland approved of the idea. After the prize was announced, people who lived in the area of the factory began to buy more of the company's candy.
Local newspapers wrote about the competition. Business improved. Miz Cleveland made her secretary the company's first director of public relations.
The former secretary was very pleased. She said: "My old job had become Mickey Mouse.
Now I have a much more creative one. Mickey Mouse, of course, is Walt Disney's famous animal drawn for movies, television and comic picture books. But what does a mouse have to do with a job? In modern speech, anything that is Mickey Mouse is unimportant.
Many word experts say the new meaning came from the United States Navy. The Navy had a special school for new sailors who did not co-operate.epaph.com/tig-tool-to.php
Short Leash -Playtime 2.0
Sailors began to say that rules which did not seem important were MIC. If you keep someone on a short lease, you restrict them and control what they do. On a tight leash is also used. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
Second Life Marketplace - .:Short Leash:. by shortleash
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum. If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom. Available to buy and download now. Activate your free month of lessons special offer for new users, with no obligation to buy - and receive a level assessment! Sign Up Now!